Thursday, April 21, 2016

If it's Thursday, It Must Be Farmer's Market Day


Farmer's Market is every Thursday from 7 to 1:00 p.m.
Today was my second market and the second rotisserie chicken
that I'd half-devoured by 10:30 a.m.
That will be a weekly purchase, along with fruits and vegetables.
Here you stand in line at a vendor and when it's your turn
you tell what you want and they gather and weigh it. 
No self-service.

In the produce section of the grocery store, you put your item on the scale and enter the bin #
of your item into the scale keyboard.  A sticker with item name and price will be ejected and you place that on the bag in a way that seals the top of the bag.
Voila...that only took twice of having the checker have to call someone up to take
the items back to weigh and price the item before I got the picture. 
Self-Service here. 

The Fair is here; meaning carnival rides as best I can tell.  It is set up next to the bus station (autobus stazione) where Farmer's Market is usually set up. 

See carnival rides in the distance

Today several streets nearby were
blocked off for the market place to set up.
While there are produce, meat, fish and cheese vendors,
there are clothes, shoes, and other products for sale, as well.

Most of my exposure to locals are about my age or older.
We are the ones that ride the little bus. Seems like if you are
young you are expected to walk the hills.
I think I resemble older Italian women, except everyone
spots Americans.

I had a massage and the young masseuse
appeared to be afraid that I was fragile and she would break me.
As best I could, I keep asking for more pressure, to no avail.
Betty commented that it felt like being petted for an hour.
At least we were in Tuscany and the hour
was actually 60 minutes.
Though I was praying for a 50 minute hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be a Follower to comment. Go to the Comment As menu, select Anonymous, and then comment. Please include your name with your comment. Thanks Liz