Monday, April 25, 2016

Sunday, April 24


This says all you need to know about Sunday


But since I'm the blogger, you get to read
more than you need to know.
It was warm and cozy inside. I finished reading
Upton Sinclair's, World's End.  His writing
holds up so well.  Written in 1940 about the munitions industry and
WWI but
is applicable now as well.

Around 4:30 I carefully sauntered down the Corso, (where those pictured
are headed) looking for some dinner and to pick up
some beer for my arriving guest who likes beer.
I'm not sure what I bought but there are 6 different kinds 
in the six pack.  I'll report on Phyllis' assessment.

I stopped at the Cafe Poliziano; ordered a bicchiere (glass)
of Vino di Nobile and asked about food.  Everyone seemed
to be having dessert.  I was told that food was in the
restaurant downstairs.  Then came my glass of
wine and with it a tray of snacks; olives,
savory cookies, 6 pieces of Italian version of quiche; each
about 2 bites.  So I had dinner and a glass of wine for
5.50 Euro.

Looking forward to visit with the next guests.
Each brings their own excitement and different interest
which keeps it fresh and new for me, as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be a Follower to comment. Go to the Comment As menu, select Anonymous, and then comment. Please include your name with your comment. Thanks Liz