Saturday, April 16, 2016

The days drift by.....


It was my intention to post something daily about my experiences here,
post photos of what I see, comment upon what I hear, but the days have been dictating how they will go and so I go with the day.

I only have to look out any window in the apartment and see TUSCANY, as one thinks it should look.  It's Spring so everything is green now, which I think like at home it won't stay that way through the summer.  I'll be sure to capture the changing seasons with photos.

I've been here since Tuesday (today's Saturday) and have learned the 
'piccolo' small bus routine.  I bought 20 tickets at 1.10 Euro each, but clearly
no one ever checks, nor does the driver care one way or the other if you have a ticket to be validated. I'm trying to be a good tourist so I have my ticket validated on the first ride of the day and call it good.  The ticket is only supposed to be good for 1 hour.  
It's Italian time...one hour can stretch into a day.

The days have been warm, the morning and evenings cool.
Today it is very windy.  Looks like a good day to stay in
and iron the clothes I dried yesterday on the 
Solar Powered Italian Dryer.


The apartment is not in the touristy part of town so that's nice from a noise factor.
It's a short walk from here to most of the old village where I am, however, steep hills are involved.
Today my only goal is to find "the other" grocery store in the lower village.  

I captured a few scenes yesterday, Friday.

These scenes are from in front of the apartment
It was an overcast day and the photos reflect that.
Later in the day the sun was shining and the green was vibrant.




Monastery a few steps from the apartment 
It's not used for any purpose now, though after it was no longer a monastery, it was a church.
There are still plenty of churches around.  

Betty waiting at the bus stop across from the monastery.





Thursday Farmer's market at the bus station.



 Pondering the produce









When Betty asked our driver from Florence if he knew
of Merle Haggard and that he'd recently died, he said, "no".
His favorite American singer was Neil Young and his favorite song
of Neil Young song is "Old Man".
(Tom Nardinelli tells me that Neil Young was Canadian)





I heard lots of dogs barking and fighting outside my window.
By the time I got my camera, they had settled down.

Looking out my bedroom window this morning.
Each day more Iris bloom.
First was purple, then yellow and today white ones appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be a Follower to comment. Go to the Comment As menu, select Anonymous, and then comment. Please include your name with your comment. Thanks Liz